India got its independence on 15 August 1947, after which the constitution was started. The Constitution was passed on 26 November 1949 in the Constituent Assembly. It was adopted on 26 January 1950 with a democratic government system, when the country became a republic in true sense. 26 January was selected, because it was this day in 1930 when the Declaration of Indian Independence was passed.
Republic Day is one of the most honorable day in India which is celebrated every year with lots of loves and prosperities. In each & states of the country the National Flag flows by their respective ministers to represent their states as symbol of love and honesty for the country.
After getting the freedom (independence) from British standards on August 15, 1947, India adopts the republic constitution on January 26, 1950. That is why 26 January is very special for every Indian. Republic Day i.e. 26 January is considered as an important national holiday in India. On this 26th January 14, 2014 All Indians will celebrates their 65th Republic Day.
Facts about Indian Republic Day & Constitution
1) Republic Day is celebrated every year on 26 January, which is an important National Holiday in India.
2) Republic Day celebration is started on 26 January but this ceremony ends after three days i.e. on 29 January which is called “Beating Retreat”.
3) India gained Independence on 15 August 1947 but adopt the constitution on 26 January 1950 which was a long time period.
4) Indian Constitution has two copies, one in Hindi and other in English.
5) Indian Constitution is the largest constitution in the world.
6) Indian Constitution was drafted on 4 November 1947 but takes a huge time period of 2 Years, 11 months and 17 days to get approval.
7) Indian Constitution has total 12 Schedules and 395 Articles.
8) The original Constitution of India is hand-written & decorated with marvelous calligraphy by famous artist Beohar Rammanohar Sinha (1929-2007).